There are few things in life that are more exciting than finding and buying that perfect new home—the one you’ve always dreamed about, the one where you’ll raise a family, build new memories, and begin all those wonderful things you have planned for your future. But while buying a new home is exciting, it can also be a big job, especially if you’re a first-time homebuyer.
There are so many things to think about, to consider, and to plan. How do you know that you’re choosing the right home that’s located in the right place for your family? For anyone seeking tips for how to choose the right community, we wanted to reassure you: It’s actually fairly simple. You can find no shortage of articles on the subject online, and you could spend the better part of a day (or a week) reading all of them. We’ve done a lot of the research for you, and we’ve found that the top tipsters all recommend some form of the following three items:
The THREE Top Tips for Choosing the Right Community:
1. List – What are you looking for in a new home and a new neighborhood? What’s most important to you and your family? List it all out on paper, prioritize your wants and needs, and make sure you get the whole family involved!
2. Locate – Find communities in the area that might meet the needs and wants you’ve identified. Master-planned communities are often a good place to start, as they feature just about everything you could want from a new neighborhood.
3. Look – Once you’ve identified some likely prospects, go exploring. Schedule a tour. Drive or walk through the neighborhood. Meet some of the neighbors. Take notes and pictures!
Once you’ve made up your list, found some likely communities, and even looked them over for yourself, how do you put it all together? If you’re struggling to make your list in the first place or to narrow down prospective communities, what should you be looking for? Once again, we’ve done the research for you, and what follows are the top tips on how to choose the right community, sourced from home buying experts and home buyers just like you.
1. A Good School District is a Wonderful Thing. Whether your kids are just starting school or are getting ready to head off to college, having a home that’s surrounded by good schools is important. From daycare programs to public and private schools, the opportunities that your children will enjoy in your new neighborhood are key. At Mantua, we’re proud to be part of the A-rated Van Alstyne ISD, where our youngest residents can grow and nurture their interests from elementary to high school and beyond.
2. Look into Lifestyle and Community Events. Think about the kind of lifestyle you want in your new home. Do you have specific leisure activities you really enjoy? Are you hoping to take up any new hobbies or interests? Most master-planned communities boast a wide range of amenities and community events that provide an enriched lifestyle for their residents. At Mantua, you can meet up with neighbors at the Veranda, relax alongside our resort-style pool, hike or bike our extensive trail system, you name it. Plus, you’ll find fun community events, clubs, and organizations right outside your door.
3. Exclusive Community Amenities Make Life More Fun. Consider the amenities that you and your family want in a new community. You may find community centers, parks and playgrounds, nature areas, walking and biking trails, dog parks, fitness centers, swimming pools, and more. These are the kinds of amenities that you can expect to see in a master-planned community like Mantua in North Texas. Prioritize the things that your family loves to do—or would like to do more—and look for amenities that feel like a natural part of your everyday life or the life you would like to be living.
4. Community Safety and Quality of Life are Paramount. Everyone wants to feel at home in their neighborhood. A good master-planned community should feel like an extension of your own home, a place where you feel safe, secure, and welcome. When researching a new community, it’s a good idea to get to know some of the people who are going to be your new neighbors, if possible. See what the people are like, how drivable (and walkable) the streets are, how well-lit the area is at night, and how comfortable you and your family feel there, day and night. Ultimately, how you feel about the place you’re living will have a huge impact on your quality of life every day.
5. Discover What Else is Nearby. Even though today’s master-planned communities can boast countless amenities and features, no community—no matter how big or small—is an island. Wherever you live, you’ll be driving and walking to, through, and from the neighboring towns and cities. As such, you should choose a community that’s surrounded by places and things that you love, from shopping opportunities to restaurants to sports and other entertainment options. It all depends on what you and your family are looking for!
Whatever you and your family are looking for in a new community and a new home, the ultimate goal is to find the one where you can all enjoy a high quality of life among neighbors and friends, be surrounded by good schools, have access to exclusive amenities that speak to you and the lifestyle you want to enjoy, and live in close proximity to neighboring cities and towns that you love. After all, the perfect home isn’t really perfect if it isn’t also in the perfect community.
At Mantua, we like to think we’re building a community that’s pretty close to perfect, and our residents seem to agree. If you’re looking for that dream home in North Texas, consider Mantua. Fill out the form above for more information about our master-planned community, or contact us to schedule a tour today!