These days, we see so many empty nesters downsizing and moving into smaller abodes for all sorts of reasons. Maybe the kids have finally headed off to college or have moved out to start families of their own. Transitioning from a larger family home to a smaller one can be an emotional experience, but the many benefits of downsizing your home go well beyond simply finding a cozier living space.
Downsizing can lead to a simplified lifestyle, financial perks, and so much more. In master-planned communities such as Mantua in North Texas, downsizers can find a unique blend of community, convenience, and comfort, while taking advantage of amenities that make a downsized life feel bigger and more exciting than ever before! Let’s dive into some of the benefits of downsizing your home for empty nesters and discover why downsizing might be your next big step!
1. The financial benefits of downsizing your home. Did you know? According to an article in USA Today, downsizing your home can save you as much as $1,000 a month or even more! You’ll have a less expensive home with lower home-insurance rates and fewer property taxes to pay. In addition, it simply costs less to heat, cool, and upkeep a smaller home. Think about it: A smaller home means less roof to repair, less landscaping to maintain, you name it! You’ll be surprised at how quickly the savings stack up!
2. The joy of reduced maintenance. Along with those smaller bills comes less work that you have to do yourself. Puttering around the house can absolutely be a pleasure, but any homeowner knows that there is always something more that needs to be done. Taking some of that work off your plate can free you up to enjoy the things that you’ve previously had to put off. Plus, many master-planned communities offer homes that are virtually maintenance-free, and things like landscaping are handled by the community itself. You’ll always have your streets plowed and maintained in the winter, the common areas around you will always look great, and you’ll have plenty of amenities just outside your front door.
3. Enjoy a simplified lifestyle. With less house to take care of, you’ll have more time to do the things you love. Smaller houses are easier to keep clean and clutter-free, and studies have shown that reducing clutter also reduces stress. With less stress, fewer responsibilities, and not so many chores to do, you’ll have time for new hobbies, social activities, time with family, that trip you’ve been putting off, and so much more! Your simplified lifestyle will be good for your health, both physical and mental! Ultimately, downsizing your home doesn’t have to mean living with less. It can mean making room for more!
4. Finding the perfect home size when downsizing. Okay, so you’re sold on the benefits of downsizing your home. How do you get started? The first step is to figure out what size home is right for you. While you won’t need as much space as you did when the kids were still living at home, downsizing isn’t a one-size-fits-all situation, either. You’ll want to look at your current living space and figure out what you would like to get rid of, what you would like to keep, and how much space you think you’ll need and want in a new home. Available homes at Mantua range from 1,800 to 3,100 square feet and are priced from the $375s to the $800s, so your options are wide open. Come for a tour and find the home you love!
5. The benefits of downsizing in a new location. Something that many people don’t think about when it comes to empty nesters downsizing their homes is that it often gives folks an unexpected opportunity to move to a new location. Your new area may be closer to family or situated in a place that gives you access to some of the things you most want to see and do with your newfound free time. Many of us also opt to move to places with better access to medical care, shopping, dining, fitness facilities, and other amenities, such as those offered in a master-planned community like Mantua.
As you can see, for empty nesters, downsizing isn’t just about a smaller space. It’s a whole new lifestyle, filled with financial savings, fewer worries, a refreshed change of pace, and the joy of discovering a new home that aligns with this new phase of life. Here at Mantua, the options are vast and promising, ensuring that every homeowner finds the ideal fit in a vibrant community, whether they’re empty nesters who are downsizing or a new family just starting out.
We have amazing homes of all sizes just waiting for you at Mantua, from some of the leading home builders in the nation. To learn more and discover a life you’ve always dreamed of, contact us today and schedule a tour!